Survey results reflect participation across an array of market segments including health clubs, boutique studios, university recreation centers, corporate wellness, multifamily housing, municipalities, private clubs and hotels across 40+ states.
- Of the programs and areas Operators intend to effect change post-COVID-19, the number one response was Hygiene Program Modification.
- 80% of Operators will look to effect change – and seek external guidance related to planning for simultaneous occupancy levels.
- 46% of Operators intend to consider the integration of Digital Training Guidance.
The top three types of Training Zones that Operators will look to increase forward include:
Functional Training (47%)
Recovery & Stretching (43%)
Strength Training (36%)
- The top Training Zones that Operators will look to decrease forward is Cardio (47%).
Programming that Operators plan to discontinue or decrease short term include:
Unrestricted access to all open floor equipment and accessory – 32%
Large Studio Format Training – 30%
Small Group Training – 10%
Personal Training – 7%
- 32% of Operators intend to enforce time limits on equipment
- 51% will open with the same amount of staff, 37% with less staff, and 11% with more staff.
Operators believe it will take the following time frame to increase facility attendance levels to pre-pandemic levels:
Greater than 6 months – 40%
2-6 months – 28%
Greater than 1 year – 27%
0 – 1 month – 3%
Never – 0